English
This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 12-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #21
BlooD
Banned

BlooD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumeriTarenes
NO, they have range 25 to debuff the enemy. That is necesssary to deal high damage. And as I said: When you come to a mage in range of 25, cast death sentence, and need to wait 3,5 sec to cast lethal strike a warlock can easiely cast meteor on you, and then his other high damage spells.

The real problem I see is the very short time between debuffing enemy and cast high damage spells when you switch from fast to slow bow in mid fight.
You have wind burst who have range 30+, you hit the mage with it and can enter to a range 25 without problems, you can even kill the mage before the dizzy effect fades.

But talking of another things, you cant say having evasion nerfs damage a lot for marksmans. Its easy to have evasion at 15 and with that you have a 25% resistance to ALL damages and 25% resistance to skills. I have it at 17 for escapist and only had to put long bows or aiming mastery at 15. With that and strategic position you have a really good damage resistance.

Last edited by BlooD; 12-04-2007 at 01:29 PM.
BlooD no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #22
ByteMe
Master

ByteMe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fean0r
Consider these:
What lvl are you?
What lvl was the marksman?
Have you been "death sentenced"?
Have you got some spell to protect you?
Have the marksman been buffed by himself?
Have the marksman been buffed by a conjurer?

then we can have a clear situation.
It's true a marksman hits hard, but what do you expect from an "attack" class?

OMG warlocks cast terror!!! They're overpowered!!!
OMG hunters become invisible everytime and I can't kill them!!! They're overpowered!!!

and so on...
I'm lvl 50 and at a fort war so I was buffed.
The marks was lvl 50, if I remember correctly.
No death sentence cast on me.
Yes, I had deflect projectiles on (self buff lvl 2) and my armour is high protection against piercing.
The last two I can't say about since only the archer would know but my guess is they did have buffs since it was a fort war.

I wasn't trying to get a flame that marks should be nerfed, only that amount of damage seems excessive since that would kill alot of mages before they could get within range.
ByteMe no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #23
Dee-luxX
Baron

Dee-luxX is on a distinguished road

Serpant has a top 100 dmg per second, and that's considering no protections at all.

102 damage is even more than the skill description says (and the initial hit is for 500, not 630!), so you must have been under any debuff. If it's not DS, then it should probably have been Sude strike (-50% protecion) and i think 102 pero tick is too much for that.

Sory, but there's no way that with all that much piercing proteciont you could have been hit like that.
Dee-luxX no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #24
Znurre
Marquis

Znurre will become famous soon enoughZnurre will become famous soon enough

Hunters were overpowerd in BETA.
The ONLY marksman I've seen doing that much dmg is Vengela... maybe she's cheating ?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #25
CumeriTarenes
Baron

CumeriTarenes is on a distinguished road

Well, when you meet Vengala you'll die

Get used to it...as bad as it is...maybe NGD can tell us how he did it, and how he always does it...
Old 12-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #26
makarios68
Count

makarios68 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee-luxX
Serpant has a top 100 dmg per second, and that's considering no protections at all

Sory, but there's no way that with all that much piercing proteciont you could have been hit like that.
ByteMe did not make it up if that's what you are implying.

But i agree that something doesn't add up correctly.
makarios68 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:33 PM   #27
ByteMe
Master

ByteMe is on a distinguished road

Guys, I'm NOT implying anyone is cheating. I don't think that for a second. I just wanted to get a discussion going on the HUGE damage for the class with the best range in the game.

Here is another screenie that shows a little more of the log. If you see the damage for the twister doing 4 then that should show that there was no reduced protection spells on me. (BTW - I did check the entire log before taking the screenshot for other reduction buffs).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg excessive2.JPG (23.0 KB, 52 views)
ByteMe no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #28
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

I am also pretty sure you got debuffed with DS. I never saw an area spell to get boosted by it (eg Ignus i know it dont get a boost) so wouldnt take it as a proof for not being debuffed. The biggest Serpent damage ive seen is if i remember correctly 112 per tick and 768 initial damage what can only work for low lvl with bad against piercing and DS or maybee SS additional. Ist a powerful spell used right but ofte enough you do 3xx dmge and 10 - 20 damage too so t depends totally on the Situation.To say something for huge damage for highest range: DS range and SS range is 25, ist not range 0. Ist pretty near and risky when a Barb is approaching.. when you cast Ds on a coming Barb theres only Freeze you can do then or pray that ambush works. Casting SoW leaves with almost no mana left at the end and DS works onl when the target has some distance. Dont forget these. And nobody is cheating when you think abot igh damage, i can make with some luck over 2k damage on a heavil debuffed knight (and me buffed) with lethal Strike. But in real fights you only get that chance when you are not in aim of sb as you need Time for all those spells and often it is more useful to use some standart attacks/ directdamage spells than waiting for all buffs and debuffs being casted to get a nice damage screenshot at the end. on 1 on 1 evry knight/barb would have me lying on the ground before tose hig damages would be possible.. Regards
Old 12-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #29
sathilda

It can't be sudden strike nor infuriate ; those spells just reduce protection (and concentration for infuriate). You can't do more than 100% of your skills damage by using those -protection skills.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #30
BlooD
Banned

BlooD will become famous soon enough

You have to be sentenced to death, snake bite "only" does a first damage of 500 and 10 damages of 100, and for what i know the -% resistance skills are not working.

And trust me he is not bugged, he has a lot of items with +dex (or at least thats what he told to me :P) and that are normal damages of his marksman, i copied some of my spec from that guy and it works pretty fine. I nearly do that damages but in a knigth i need at least death sentence to do it.

And i really dont get why you say "thats not possibly in a fort war". With 3 marksman, one choose the objective, one throws death sentence and the other just follow them, with some organization mages get killed before they know they are in range. The 25 range of death sentence is not a problem with the evasion skills and only one marksman has to get near, the others just keep their range.
BlooD no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote