English
This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 12-04-2007, 07:22 PM   #31
bigjim
Baron

bigjim will become famous soon enough

Well, I think warlocks are just complaining because this is the one class that they can not mow down with ease. I am sorry but a warlock needs to have a struggle every once in awhile. I am so fucking sick of hearing about which class is stronger which one is this, and so on. Grow up god
Old 12-04-2007, 07:27 PM   #32
BlooD
Banned

BlooD will become famous soon enough

Yeah i am sick too of people who only say "stop whinning we are fine".
If you think you are marksman is not overpowered please tell us why, I think we give enough reasons but you only give "blablabla whinning blalbabla grow up" and shit like that.

I am waiting for it, just tell me where are the weak points of a markmans in RvR.
Share with us your mature wisdom.
BlooD no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #33
bigjim
Baron

bigjim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooD
Yeah i am sick too of people who only say "stop whinning we are fine".
If you think you are marksman is not overpowered please tell us why, I think we give enough reasons but you only give "blablabla whinning blalbabla grow up" and shit like that.

I am waiting for it, just tell me where are the weak points of a markmans in RvR.
Well, lets not get cocky blood; something you seem to do quite often. I think that marksmen with a full damage setup are not really overpowered because they can only get evasion to 11 or so; maybe 15 with sacrificing long bow some. Ok Mr. Goat, I agree that evasion should be toned down some, but if you want to start being cocky and arrogant I can be right back. Bring it on, 0h and next time I see u in game your dead. :P
Old 12-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #34
Valorius
Banned

Valorius can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooD

Marksmen are pretty easy 1 vs 1 as long as you use the right sequnce of spells(and have them to begin with). Of all the classes, with my current build, i have the most hard time with warjurors. I could change that by changing my skill set, but i wouldnt be able to have some of the other skills i have, and that i covet.

Terrain plays a huge role in 1 vs 1's too. Fighters can massively benefit from obstructions in LOS like trees and such, if they're smart enough to use them.

As far as toning down evasion, if a person is putting gobs of points in that skill set, at the expense of offense, they SHOULD be extremely difficult to catch and/or kill, just as someone who puts all their points in offense should be capable of dealing immense damage. I think marksmen are just fine as is, and wouldnt mess with them at all.

As long as an archer has the right defensive buffs, and they're cast(or dont expire in the middle of a battle like they did to me today- ouch), warlocks are IMO very easy- probably the easiest of all classes to kill 1 vs 1. They're one trick ponies....if soulkeeper fails(as it often does vs lvl 5 spell elude), then they're typically doomed, and they have no mobility at all to extend the fight and/or escape.
Valorius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:33 PM   #35
mrclean
Initiate

mrclean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteMe
I'm lvl 50 and at a fort war so I was buffed.
The marks was lvl 50, if I remember correctly.
No death sentence cast on me.
Yes, I had deflect projectiles on (self buff lvl 2) and my armour is high protection against piercing.
The last two I can't say about since only the archer would know but my guess is they did have buffs since it was a fort war.

I wasn't trying to get a flame that marks should be nerfed, only that amount of damage seems excessive since that would kill alot of mages before they could get within range.
Considering all, it seems too much also to me... I wanna see when I'll reach 50 too :F
Old 12-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #36
NightTwix
Count

NightTwix is on a distinguished road

sorry byteme, you either fought naked or had death sentence on you (as it was stated earlier).

for me this is starting the become a conspiracy against marksmen with falsified facts and everything
NightTwix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #37
misaccc
Banned

misaccc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightTwix
sorry byteme, you either fought naked or had death sentence on you (as it was stated earlier).

for me this is starting the become a conspiracy against marksmen with falsified facts and everything
LOL paranoid much twixe
misaccc no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #38
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

No he is right, i start to feel so too.
Weak proofs are given, false comparisons are done, its like in a yellow Paper. I planned to make a big comparision of all classes in comparision to Marks in situation 1v1 party v party and a war situation, but i will do it when the time of real discussion is come and the Devs start to tell about their plans. the rest is waste here.
Some thinks to start thinking over who wants..
eg. mana importance and supply wasnt mentioned, the importance of controlling and supporting spells of mages(eg. mana tree,yes sultar and mod is a supporting spell..) and barbs (whole warcries eg) and knights( look them up theyre awesome..) in comparision to archers. kinds of areaspells in general, Health and mana values, Different Defenses in comparision, Range dependent possibilities of classes and many more what takes pages to try a objectiv comparison.

Im not totally sure if some changes wouldnt bring better balance (if there is an unbalance..). Therefore we needed a real comparision with including evrything, not only some parts..
But im totally sure that making conclusions out of this kind of discussion is totally wrong.
Its like in a yellowpaper.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #39
misaccc
Banned

misaccc is an unknown quantity at this point

Knights awsome?peep!wrong answer we got almost whole shields category ruined our base attack nerfed and we r slow...
misaccc no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:09 PM   #40
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Then start a barbarian..
I only wanted to point out that Knights have also many Supporting Skills and from reading the description they can work out >awesome< in many situations, but thats my opinion, dont want to start a yellowpaper knights discussion.