English

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: What whould happen with the magnanite weapons?
They should be the best of the game 33 32.04%
They atleast should be better than boss drops 35 33.98%
they are fine like they are now 28 27.18%
They should become nerfed 7 6.80%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #11
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HidraA View Post
Stats is same.
no they arent
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
Gabburtjuh
Baron

Gabburtjuh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HidraA View Post
Stats is same.
1. wrong, they are abit lower dmg
2. you couldnt choose what one you got
3. they are different items, so you can change the stats independant of eachother

One Bite Snack, 60 barb / Wang King, 60 knight
Gabburtjuh no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #13
Knekelvoeste
Initiate

Knekelvoeste is on a distinguished road

Magna weapons should be better they cost 5k mags for god sake..

I even switched back to a special 2H hammer because magna 2H hammer sucks arsch..
Old 08-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #14
Nekoko
Master

Nekoko is on a distinguished road

I voted they should be better than Boss Drops but... I'm thinking like 50 dmg max... If Magna weapons were more rare I'd consider them being able to be stronger but too many people have access to them...
Old 08-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #15
Kittypretty
Baron

Kittypretty will become famous soon enough

They should be better, as long as they dont change the gold weapons (still ashamed of that whole event.

As for accessability, Start a new character, and obtain one by level 45 without the help of a clan. I doubt many would achieve that goal. Maybe in Ra they are widely available, but Horus, not so much. I can think of maybe 5 people that actually use theirs. Who knows, maybe they dont use em because they suck...would be nice to have a count of all Horus players who have them, so I will be better informed of the ratio of them out there.
Taking a break from Regnum due to work leaving me little free time! So my laptop must go for now! (ask me for full details, it is an Alienware Mx18 3rd gen Ivy bridge i73920xm & configured with SLI twin Nvidia 675m, paid 3,330$ asking 2,800$ or 2,400$ + netbook.
Kittypretty no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:40 AM   #16
Sentrii
Pledge

Sentrii is on a distinguished road

Hey good to see the magna weapons getting their own thread .. I hope NGD look at items in general at some point soon (know they are busy atm). I recently finished the magna weapon quest in the last month after 12+ months of collecting and trading like a crazy person. My hammer hits so low that I would say it would be good for around a lvl 35 - 40. Now that the magna weapons are lvl 50 only (not 45 anymore) I think they need a buff big time. As to if they should be better then boss weapons I think they should be on par with if not slightly better. Ive droped 2 boss items to 1 magna weapon being made so in my experience they are rarer then boss drops. Some ideas that have been passed around on other threads are:

1) Keep the base stats and sockets but allow the Magna weapon to be "added onto" with more ingots/mags to increase damage or stats.

2) Add a base stat like +5 str for warrior and +5 dex for archer class .. ect.

3) Add a dmg type unique to magna weaps like a magna poisoning that isn’t soaked .. kind of like rake from leopards.

If for whatever reason magna weaps wont be adjusted pls allow for other items to be made like magna shield, magna armor, magna tunic ect. As it stands the magna weapons are a fantastic collectors item ... much like the xmas hats or anniversary hats, they look cool but thats about it. Also not to derail this thread but things like Thorky sword, Kron ring and other items need an overhaul as well. Pls NGD after the balance update (or during) can you look into all this, I think most ppl agree they dont need to be super OP but at least functional and worth the months or even years it takes to make them.
Sentrii no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:52 AM   #17
tjanex
Banned

tjanex is on a distinguished road

So far 1 voted for nerf --> lower damage/as/less sockets
So far 12 think it's ok --> Keep it like it
So far 23 think it should be better than boss or best of game --> yeaaah!
tjanex no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #18
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

my opinion is that some of them are fine and some needs a buff up. i have used both bows and i feel that they are fine the way they are. however alot of the warriors weapons arent that great and need some looking into. They should be on the same level as boss-drops. making weapons more powerful than those will be devastating.

and collecting 5000 magnanites may seem like a duanting task but once you get into it, it isnt that bad. ive only been playing for roughly 3 months and ive managed to collect over 2 ignots and still going strong (maybe even more if i didnt go on a major spending spree when i was a lower level).

what i would like to see with regards to the magnanite weapons is the ability to trade them in for others of the similar type. For example if you have the two handed hammer, you can at any time trade it in for a the axe, spear or sword for no extra cost. maybe a small cost in gold and it would be in the players best interest to have the gems removed first. i know too much players who regret the weapon they chose.
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #19
Kittypretty
Baron

Kittypretty will become famous soon enough

My Mag Axe is still level 45 in both live and test..you said your knight hammer, if im correct? was 50 now?
Taking a break from Regnum due to work leaving me little free time! So my laptop must go for now! (ask me for full details, it is an Alienware Mx18 3rd gen Ivy bridge i73920xm & configured with SLI twin Nvidia 675m, paid 3,330$ asking 2,800$ or 2,400$ + netbook.
Kittypretty no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #20
Pimousse
Initiate

Pimousse is on a distinguished road

You should stop condider that the magna quest is a personal quest. Its more a clan quest imo.