This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 11-22-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
Elva Hunter
Initiate

Elva Hunter is on a distinguished road
Default The weight of the weapons does influence?

Hello guys, i have a question. Im not so used to play on warriors class but i noticed that the weight of the weapon which you use makes difference in your character reaction time.

example: if your dual weapons have a total of 19 KG your char will delay a bit more between a normal hit and a spell than if you have a weapon with 15 kg of weight.

this time of reaction which i am talking about is the time between a normal hit and one spell, as south cross, for example.

This is what i noticed after some tests and observations, but since warrior's are not my main i wish know if there have some warrior experienced enough in the forum, or even some of the Devs, which can tell me if know/knew this and if it's right.

Thanks,

Elva Hunter - Elite of Syrtis.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:11 AM   #2
godismyjudge
Initiate

godismyjudge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elva Hunter View Post
Hello guys, i have a question. Im not so used to play on warriors class but i noticed that the weight of the weapon which you use makes difference in your character reaction time.

example: if your dual weapons have a total of 19 KG your char will delay a bit more between a normal hit and a spell than if you have a weapon with 15 kg of weight.

this time of reaction which i am talking about is the time between a normal hit and one spell, as south cross, for example.

This is what i noticed after some tests and observations, but since warrior's are not my main i wish know if there have some warrior experienced enough in the forum, or even some of the Devs, which can tell me if know/knew this and if it's right.

Thanks,

Most warrior spells (exceptions are kick and feint), whether instant or not, are - unlike archer spells - delayed to the attack cycle, thus being affected by attack speed of the weapons you use. This can be speeded up a bit, if your weapons is slow, by getting out of combat mode (pressing CTRL) and casting the spell after it - this will prevent waiting for next attack cycle before casting a spell. Your two tested weapons may have different attack speeds and that being the reason why you feel the difference.
If you are sure that the weapons have same attack speed, then I have no idea, I never noticed that.
godismyjudge no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:10 AM   #3
Elva Hunter
Initiate

Elva Hunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by godismyjudge View Post
Most warrior spells (exceptions are kick and feint), whether instant or not, are - unlike archer spells - delayed to the attack cycle, thus being affected by attack speed of the weapons you use. This can be speeded up a bit, if your weapons is slow, by getting out of combat mode (pressing CTRL) and casting the spell after it - this will prevent waiting for next attack cycle before casting a spell. Your two tested weapons may have different attack speeds and that being the reason why you feel the difference.
If you are sure that the weapons have same attack speed, then I have no idea, I never noticed that.

Thank you for helping godismyjudge.

The two weapons which i used have same attack speed base ( medium ). one is the dual weapon: elite knight sword and off handed elite barbarian sword.
the other is the medium evendim axe. what i found interesting is that the dual weapon have attack speed gems and the axe no. even so, the reaction time when using the axe is still better. again, the axe is not slow, is medium so idk what happen, the only difference is that the axe have less weight than the duals. also while using a heavier weapon the reaction time seems to be longer aswell.

i did not used the CTRL to leave the combat mode. i used both combos wihout leave the combat mode, so, normal >>>> sc/spell.

evendim axe is two handed but have attack speed medium.

I hope those informations help you to find the answer for this because im really curious to know if the weight indeed does influence.

by the way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by godismyjudge View Post
Most warrior spells (exceptions are kick and feint), whether instant or not, are - unlike archer spells - delayed to the attack cycle, thus being affected by attack speed of the weapons you use.
:O i did not knew this, may you explain, how so "attack cyrcle?" you mean that if i am a warrior and i take 1.0 sec between each normal, my char have to wait also 1.0 sec between one normal and one spell, even if the global coldown already over? so if i increase the attack speed i can short this time? :O

Thanks ^^