English

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support

Technical Support Questions about game technical support to the users of the community

Old 06-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
AntibioTsu
Initiate

AntibioTsu is on a distinguished road
Default "Can't save game configuration" Error

Okee, 1st time this ever happens to me, and I believe this is the right place to post it, and I didnt find anyone reporting this yet;

Today, I tried to enter in Regnum like I usually do, but when I click "Enter Game World" and the download bar below is full and Ready, an Error window pops up and says "Can't save game configuration!"

I reinstalled the game, but the error keeps showing up. I have no idea whatelse can I do ... can someone help me plz?

Thnks in advance
Old 06-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
Zodar
Apprentice

Zodar is on a distinguished road

I've had the same problem since the last update. I deliberately keep my file read only because the regnum client increases my view distance, or frigs around with other settings, which makes me lag even more than usual (my config file is owned by root and symlinked form outside the regnum directory). I have to chmod 666 before running the game and once its loaded, I chmod it back to 444 so it doesn't get updated. Its a bit of pain, so I suppose I'll script it one day... :/

EDIT: this is using the Linux client. Dunno about windows.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
AntibioTsu
Initiate

AntibioTsu is on a distinguished road

Okee everyone, problem solved

Turns out it was a windows account issue, since mine became limited for some time ... but it's now back to admin.

Thank you all (aka antowen and Joel) for your help ^^
Old 07-09-2009, 06:18 AM   #4
NT_NO
Pledge

NT_NO is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Seems like I've got the same problem now
So may I ask how did you solve your problem?
And to make things even harder, I'm running game on Windows 7 (evaluation copy), And my account is an administrator already I can run the game only by reinstalling it, and after install the game starts, everything seems fine. But when I log out (and exit regnum) and try to log in (choosing server,after "verifying"): "Error: Can't save game configuration!"

Hope someone bit more experienced can solve this one
It would be nice to play regnum without reinstalling it everytime I log out

Thx in advance
NT_NO no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Onteron
Initiate

Onteron is on a distinguished road

Hi NT_NO, I run Regnum in Windows 7

What build # of win7 are you using?

Did you install regnum in its default location ("C:\Games\NGD Studios\Regnum Online"), in "C:\Program Files", or in another location?

Did you install the game using the same account as you are using to run it?

The quick and dirty solution would just be to try running the launcher as admin (right click the icon).
Onteron no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
NT_NO
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onteron View Post
Hi NT_NO, I run Regnum in Windows 7

What build # of win7 are you using?

Did you install regnum in its default location ("C:\Games\NGD Studios\Regnum Online"), in "C:\Program Files", or in another location?

Did you install the game using the same account as you are using to run it?

The quick and dirty solution would just be to try running the launcher as admin (right click the icon).
Thank god. Answers.

My windows 7 seems to be build 7100, and yes I installed regnum in default
location ("C:\Games\NGD Studios\Regnum Online").
Game is installed with the same account that I'm running it (my account=administrator), then there's no more account except guest and "the original" admin.
I've got to try this "running the launcher as admin" thing, tho I already tried that (and it didn't work I quess.)
Thx for your answer Onteron. Hope that this information was useful somehow, and will lead to a solution.
And sorry my bad english
Old 07-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
Onteron
Initiate

Onteron is on a distinguished road

Ok good luck, because at the moment I can't think why you'd be having problems. Another couple of things to try are 1) checking your account has write access to everything in C:\Games\NGD Studios\Regnum Online and 2) running the launcher in compatibility mode for XP (this might force the program to be run as admin anyway).

I used to have Regnum installed outside the Program Files folder and it ran fine. I now have it installed in Program Files, and it's ok except that i have to re-run it as admin whenever it needs to do updates.

You can also bypass the launcher itself by creating a shortcut to "C:\Games\NGD Studios\Regnum Online\LiveServer\roclientgame.exe", and then modifying the shortcut to add your account name and md5 hash of your password as arguments on the end. So an example of the target of the shortcut would then be:
Code:
"C:\Games\NGD Studios\Regnum Online\LiveServer\roclientgame.exe" NT_NO d091fccc62e2d24ab101dbe01ce844f6
You can use a site such as this one to find the MD5 hash of you password.

This will log you straight into the game, though you will get an error message (usually), or sometimes a crash, if your game isn't fully updated.
Onteron no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
NT_NO
Pledge

Talking

Thanks alot for your asnwers Onteron!
I reinstalled the game, Ran it as admin, logged out and now the game seems to run fine even without "run as administrator" option.
Thanks alot for your help, I really appreciate it

And now.. back to Regnum