English

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support

Technical Support Questions about game technical support to the users of the community

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #11
NotScias
Baron
 
NotScias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 769
NotScias will become famous soon enough
Default

Bump

The Steam release is likely to attract a lot of Linux users since there's no good native MMOs equivalents on this platform contrarly to Windows, however the game engine performs very poorly on Linux and lacks many features and quality options.
It's really time to fix it, because it's an awesome opportunity to get a lot of new players yet you still welcome them with crap like this and awful performance, especially on the Intel side (a lot of reports on the Steam hub about it).
__________________

The other realm awaits...
Now playing much better games
NotScias no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
andres81
Count
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,693
andres81 is on a distinguished road
Default

In the todays update - new launcher interface - NGD decided to remove the button to activate OpenGL mode under Windows.
I think this is a clear statement about the plans NGD is having with the OpenGL support in general
andres81 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #13
Eyfura
Banned
 
Eyfura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 151
Eyfura is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andres81 View Post
In the todays update - new launcher interface - NGD decided to remove the button to activate OpenGL mode under Windows.
I think this is a clear statement about the plans NGD is having with the OpenGL support in general
I wish we could get some kind of reply from NGD about this. They indeed removed the opengl option on windows. WHY? I was using opengl on my windows laptop (got nvidia geforce 610M) and opengl performed MUCH better than directx!
Now this is serious flaw. Directx gives me less fps with lower settings than opengl used to. I need opengl back!
Eyfura no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
Tamui
Baron
 
Tamui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 767
Tamui is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyfura View Post
Directx gives me less fps with lower settings than opengl used to. I need opengl back!
THIS!
__________________
Suggestion Compilation! |The Story of Regnum! | L2MassResurrect
Huntrare | Amelia Woodheart
To play or not to play...
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #15
bishavonia
Pledge
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10
bishavonia is on a distinguished road
Default

Bring us back opengl option !!!!
bishavonia no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #16
MxCx
Initiate
 
MxCx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Land of the free, home of the slave
Posts: 110
MxCx is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining-Scias View Post
Bump

The Steam release is likely to attract a lot of Linux users since there's no good native MMOs equivalents on this platform contrarly to Windows, however the game engine performs very poorly on Linux and lacks many features and quality options.
It's really time to fix it, because it's an awesome opportunity to get a lot of new players yet you still welcome them with crap like this and awful performance, especially on the Intel side (a lot of reports on the Steam hub about it).
Hmm...rainbows in gelfland, I figured that was what it normally looked like there.
On a serious note...I've seen a lot of posts and reviews that are bashing superficial things at the initiation areas. Not the best way to make a first impression, and some don't stay long enough to see the rest of the game or get used to these small bugs.
MxCx no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:19 PM   #17
andres81
Count
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,693
andres81 is on a distinguished road
Default

Now, two years later not even one of these problems has been solved.
andres81 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #18
Iheartpancakes
Banned
 
Iheartpancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 276
Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andres81 View Post
Now, two years later not even one of these problems has been solved.
Technically the game still works, so I assume they are working on things that are effecting the gameplay, ie: balance, resists
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:04 PM   #19
EmanuelM
Pledge
 
EmanuelM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Haven
Posts: 15
EmanuelM is on a distinguished road
Default

Technicaly Linux and mac users are at a disadvantage as we do not see trails have fun shooting me with your arrows
peopel who download the game insta crash ect.

They should scrap directx support and go full in opengl, if it is to expensive to develop both ..
EmanuelM no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:05 PM   #20
TurboLover
Apprentice
 
TurboLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 72
TurboLover is on a distinguished road
Default

I wish the client source was released :/
__________________
Syrtis: turbolover (56) - Alturian Conjurer | Leather Rebel (51) - Lamai Warlock
Elite of Syrtis
TurboLover no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NGD Studios 2002-2016 © All rights reserved