English

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support

Technical Support Questions about game technical support to the users of the community

Old 12-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackoverflow View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are being compensated for the counselling that will no doubt ensue.
Ha! *Linux elitist detected*

I use both Windows and Linux a lot (for example, no Regnum service runs on Windows at all, everything under Linux), so it's more like a ying-yang case.

OT: What browser are you using to download the file? That's important too! And your internet connection as well. In the past I've seen this cases too: unstable internet connections made the download finish before completion causing a corrupt installer. So, another thing to try would be downloading the installer elsewhere.
Adrian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #12
badassmaster
Apprentice

badassmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Ha! *Linux elitist detected*
Guilty! Well, to be fair, I've been using it since I was 13 as my primary OS. Used Windows 7 for a couple of weeks. After 15 showers a day and intense psychotherapy I'm still not fully cleansed.

3secretsofbattle, how is your issue doing? Have you managed to get RO installed yet?
Old 01-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #13
MxCx
Initiate

MxCx is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, sorry about not checking this thread again after getting in game, I got it working and forgot to let you guys know.
Adrian, that is what had happened, my antivirus protection was automatically deleting the files when they finished downloading because of their certification. It took a couple downloads for me to figure it out, because I thought it was either a compatibility problem with win8 opening the file, or that the file was corrupted on download. After I checked my logs it just showed that they were deleted due to having a "bad reputation". After turning off all protection and re-downloading everything is working normally. See you guys in game, and thanks for all your replies and help with this.
MxCx no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #14
MxCx
Initiate

MxCx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackoverflow View Post
Guilty! Well, to be fair, I've been using it since I was 13 as my primary OS. Used Windows 7 for a couple of weeks. After 15 showers a day and intense psychotherapy I'm still not fully cleansed.

3secretsofbattle, how is your issue doing? Have you managed to get RO installed yet?
TBH I've "gotten used to" win8. I do like some of the features and hate others, and I can't stand the fact that so many *cough* needless services run in the background. I was looking for a win7 computer so that I could play most of my older games, that are now useless on my new computer, but a lot of companies don't offer the option; and if they do it's only select (crap)models and they charge a fee. I also don't like using the cloud...I keep all of my files stored on hardware and don't want it held at someone else's server. I also don't like that fact that all your accounts are synched; when I linked to my outlook account, it automatically updated my Skype and deleted my contacts. IMO everything after XP has been crap. I'm yet to try Linux, but I've been thinking about it more and more lately.
MxCx no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote