English
This forum is closed for posting. Please, join us in our Discord server at discord.gg/regnum. See you there!

Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2018, 08:27 AM   #31
rekkles12
Apprentice
 
rekkles12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 83
rekkles12 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amintas View Post
I may be wrong but I think that Harder than the Best is a Spanish clan not an English one. To the best of my knowledge, there is no active English clan in Syrts Ra

Foxhound is 1 english clan but its inactive , second one is Palabras which is somewhat active.Still im in French warriors of Syrtis and there is hardly any language problems, all of them are fluent in english.
rekkles12 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 08:36 AM   #32
Mythox
Pledge
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 39
Mythox is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekkles12 View Post
Foxhound is 1 english clan but its inactive , second one is Palabras which is somewhat active.Still im in French warriors of Syrtis and there is hardly any language problems, all of them are fluent in english.
How I said, the language won't be the problem, and I think the Ping it won't be either. If we really merge then all people come to ra so we can create new clans etc.pp. all we need to do is to vote on both servers like we did once at christmas event. After that we can do something. But all this will work just If we do something. Ofc we can write now months about the problem. But it wouldn't solve any. Voting and after that doing. Best way we can go. Community will be fine and Ngd also because you dont need to pay money for 3 servers and 2 are dead from them. Its a win win situation. New gm's from germany, french, english and spanish. And I am to 100% sure then everyone will be fine.
Regards
Rumiel Aurion (haven)
&
Rumi Aurion (Valhalla)
Mythox no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #33
Mashu
Master
 
Mashu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 541
Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Hello everyone,

I am from EU (Sweden), and since 2008 I play on Horus (Heaven). According to geoip, it seems Heaven server is located in US, California. Is that true ?

My current ping is ~130ms average. This is not a big issue, I can imagine 200ms can be an issue, and sometimes I am a bit jealous of people having ping 30ms.
Are you telling me, that whole these 10+ years I should be playing on the other server ?

I picked Horus (Heaven) because it was saying "International" and other server says "Spanish".

My feedback to Adrian and suggestions
  • Make two servers called by location: Europe / USA
  • Move EU accounts to EU server, move US accounts to US server from all servers, including Ra

I think this would solve Adrian's concern. You can't really make a decision where to move whole Heaven, because some people are from US and some are from EU.
Also giving players choice where to move, could be risky if all went to Ra.
NGD has information on what country account is from.

The downside of that is losing friends from other time-zone, sad, but ok, how often we play with them or talk ? And do we really want to play with ping 200ms ?

I would say split into two servers, painful but needed. I wish I could move from Heaven to some other server, where there are lots of players, but server located in Europe.
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 08:41 AM   #34
Mythox
Pledge
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 39
Mythox is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashu View Post
Hello everyone,

I am from EU (Sweden), and since 2008 I play on Horus (Heaven). According to geoip, it seems Heaven server is located in US, California. Is that true ?

My current ping is ~130ms average. This is not a big issue, I can imagine 200ms can be an issue, and sometimes I am a bit jealous of people having ping 30ms.
Are you telling me, that whole these 10+ years I should be playing on the other server ?

I picked Horus (Heaven) because it was saying "International" and other server says "Spanish".

My feedback to Adrian and suggestions
  • Make two servers called by location: Europe / USA
  • Move EU accounts to EU server, move US accounts to US server from all servers, including Ra

I think this would solve Adrian's concern. You can't really make a decision where to move whole Heaven, because some people are from US and some are from EU.
Also giving players choice where to move, could be risky if all went to Ra.
NGD has information on what country account is from.

The downside of that is losing friends from other time-zone, sad, but ok, how often we play with them or talk ? And do we really want to play with ping 200ms ?

I would say split into two servers, painful but needed. I wish I could move from Heaven to some other server, where there are lots of players, but server located in Europe.
That would mean I will lose my half clan and friends I am located in Europa also and my like vanished or every other guy from america africa or australia would be on the different server. I am sure this will make more people to quit. I do prefer playing with 200ms instead of hanging again on a half dead server. I dont like the idea. Because I know it will end in a dead server again.
Regards
Rumiel Aurion (Haven)
&
Rumi Aurion (Valhalla)
Mythox no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 08:41 AM   #35
rekkles12
Apprentice
 
rekkles12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 83
rekkles12 is on a distinguished road
Default

Most people from EU would still prefer to go to Ra as myself, shouldn't force people where to go.
rekkles12 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #36
Pery3000
Master
 
Pery3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 386
Pery3000 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashu View Post
Hello everyone,

I think this would solve Adrian's concern. You can't really make a decision where to move whole Heaven, because some people are from US and some are from EU.
Also giving players choice where to move, could be risky if all went to Ra.
NGD has information on what country account is from.

The downside of that is losing friends from other time-zone, sad, but ok, how often we play with them or talk ? And do we really want to play with ping 200ms ?

I would say split into two servers, painful but needed. I wish I could move from Heaven to some other server, where there are lots of players, but server located in Europe.
I dont see how it would be Risky if the players chooses where to go. You cant force players to pick EU server over RA and then call it risky. I talk with my EU friends all the time In-game or via Regnum Discord for Haven. No reason to make another US server when RA is hosted in the US (South Carolina if Im not mistaken) So thats why it would make sense to move "rest" accounts to Ra instead keeping Haven alive. American server already failed once and would fail again. You play Haven Mashu so your ping won't go up because Haven/RA are hosted in the same place. Only others coming from German server would see a slight raise. I would say most would choose to been on the most populated server.
__________________
Haven ~ Daggers/Miles Long *Retired*
Ra ~ Cloaks/Elongated
Pery3000 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 09:55 AM   #37
Mashu
Master
 
Mashu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 541
Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pery3000 View Post
I dont see how it would be Risky if the players chooses where to go. You cant force players to pick EU server over RA and then call it risky. I talk with my EU friends all the time In-game or via Regnum Discord for Haven. No reason to make another US server when RA is hosted in the US (South Carolina if Im not mistaken) So thats why it would make sense to move "rest" accounts to Ra instead keeping Haven alive. American server already failed once and would fail again. You play Haven Mashu so your ping won't go up because Haven/RA are hosted in the same place. Only others coming from German server would see a slight raise. I would say most would choose to been on the most populated server.
Heaven is not so popular because at the same place, more populated Ra is hosted.
So yeah merging Heaven/Ra should make no difference to players (including me), who are already playing on Heaven.

But when merging just please change the damn server names from Spanish to US and from German to EU. It does not make sense to have one server per language, it rather makes sense to inform users about server location.

I am totally fine with Ra/Heaven merge, as it does not change anything for me, except more fun at wars, but if I had a choice I would probably like to have scroll "change to EU server"
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #38
Mythox
Pledge
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 39
Mythox is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashu View Post
Heaven is not so popular because at the same place, more populated Ra is hosted.
So yeah merging Heaven/Ra should make no difference to players (including me), who are already playing on Heaven.

But when merging just please change the damn server names from Spanish to US and from German to EU. It does not make sense to have one server per language, it rather makes sense to inform users about server location.

I am totally fine with Ra/Heaven merge, as it does not change anything for me, except more fun at wars, but if I had a choice I would probably like to have scroll "change to EU server"
Easy going : Ra (International)
Done
Regards
Rumiel Aurion
Mythox no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #39
schachteana
Master
 
schachteana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 422
schachteana is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig-von-Mises-I View Post
...
yes, that is actually a problem: those who emigrated to Ra might not come back to an internationalized server.
maybe allow Ra->EU-server account transfers? As has been suggested with Haven a couple of times.
or simply put everything into Ra, like ieti suggested. Id like that the most but could get messy
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-08-2018, 12:49 PM   #40
Mashu
Master
 
Mashu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 541
Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Ok, why not move Haven to Vanhalla, and have one European server ?

US players from Haven are leaving to Ra anyway, if you merge with Ra, then we end-up in Ra, If you don't merge with Ra, these players will go to Ra themselves period.

Why not give something to EU players ? I don't want to pretend that I would not prefer EU ping, not to hurt someone's feelings.
You might hate me guys, but I would really like Haven to be Vanhalla and be on EU location.

I guess players having 30+ boss rings and 30+ magna weapons would scream the most, as they would definitely benefit from merge with Ra ($$$ cha ching).

But if only option is Ra+Haven, than I don't care do whatever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
yes, that is actually a problem: those who emigrated to Ra might not come back to an internationalized server.
maybe allow Ra->EU-server account transfers? As has been suggested with Haven a couple of times.
or simply put everything into Ra, like ieti suggested. Id like that the most but could get messy
Yes Haven + Ra and allow Ra -> Vanhalla sounds like a plan. Everyone would be super happy with that.
#1 Merge Haven with Ra. Give some time to Ra players, give possibility Ra -> EU for some time, if players don't like Ra, they can go Vanhalla. That would be AWESOME.
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NGD Studios 2002-2016 © All rights reserved